Action accepts NYS Medicaid for medical transportation including Medicab, Wheelchair, and Stretcher Van.
In all cases involving Medicaid and eligible individuals, prior authorization is required for non-emergency transportation.
NYS has contracted with Medical Answering Services (MAS) to coordinate all medical transportation for Medicaid recipients. MAS policy states that the individual or medical facility must contact MAS at least three days prior to their medical appointment. Our dispatch office can assist anyone with that policy. As always, any Medicaid recipient has the right to choose their transportation provider. Specific instructions to order medical transportation through MAS can be found here in the MAS link https://www.medanswering.com/medical-practitioners/ordering-transportation/
MAS PHONE NUMBERS for MEDICAID ELIGIBLE INDIVIDUALS AND PROVIDERS
To book an appointment, contact the corresponding number of your county.
- Albany County – 1-855-360-3549
- Columbia County – 1-855-360-3546
- Greene County – 1-855-36-3545
- Saratoga County – 1-855-852-3292
- Schenectady County – 1-855-852-3291
- Rensselaer County – 1-855-852-3293
- Schoharie County – 1-855-852-3290
- Fulton County – 1-855-360-3550
- Montgomery County – 1-855-360-3548
OTHER INSURANCES WE ACCEPT
Depending upon your medical plan, we will coordinate with your insurance company for payment. Please check with your insurance company to see if non-emergency medical transportation is covered. We will be happy to assist in setting up billing with your insurance company or facility.
Other insurances or plans we accept include:
- FIDELIS – contact 718-975-8735
- PRIME HEALTH CHOICE MANAGED LONG TERM – contact 718-975-8735
- NASCENTIA HEALTH OPTIONS/VNA OPTIONS MANAGED LONG TERM – contact 315-477-9501
- LOGISTICARE-MANAGED LONG TERM CARE – contact 888-343-3547
- NATIONAL MED TRANS-VNSNY CHOICE – contact 844-714-2219
CREDIT CARDS AND CHECKS
We accept all credit cards including VISA, MASTERCARD, AMERICAN EXPRESS, and DISCOVER.
We also accept business and personal checks as long as they clear the bank prior to the day of transportation.